Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier review :
- 26 pounds of Carbon.
- Wall mount brackets available.
- Dimensions: 22″ high, 15″ wide.
- Effective for up to 2000 square feet.
- Hepa-Barrier post filter traps particles.
- Coverage: 1575 sq. ft.
- Recommended coverage: 525 sq. ft. (6 air changes/hr).
- Decibel Range: 28-62
- Warranty: 5 yrs.
- Top Rated Smoke Remover.
- Large room air purifier
- Adsorbs the 4000 harmful and carcinogenic chemicals found in tobacco smoke.
- TarBarrier pre-filter.
- 2 Anti-microbial filters.
- 26 lb carbon filter, 3″ deep.
- Micro-barrier particle post filter.
- Separately changeable filters.
- Variable Fan Speeds.
- Low noise level.
- Manual controls.
- 360° air intake and outflow.
- All metal housing.
- Sealed motor chamber.
- Sealed electrical chamber.
- Pressure sealed filter chamber.
- Felt gaskets.
- 4 casters.
- ETL certified, conforms to CSA C22.2 no 113 ANSI/UL 507.
- Colors: Black, White or Cream.
- Made in Canada.
Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier review
- Easy to operate its controls, carry it, and clean or replace its filter(s).
- Modern design.
- It’s powerful and efficient.
- Lots of high quality carbon. It uses a full 26 pounds of activated carbon which is formulated to absorb 4000+ chemicals and at least 60 carcinogens omitted into the air by tobacco smoke.
- Long time warranty.
- Captures tar particles.
- Large room coverage.
- MCS friendly.
- Relatively quiet.
- The Micro-Barrier particle post filter is not a HEPA filter.
- The filter replacement costs are on the high side with an annual replacement cost of around $280 depending on hours of usage each day. Luckily, the replacement filters do not all have to be replaced at the same time which allows you to spread the replacement costs out over a period of two years.
- Replacing the filters on the T600 is not complicated but it does require a bit of work and heavy lifting.
- Need to have filter life monitoring system.
- Relatively high price.
Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier review
The Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier is specially designed for environments where tobacco smoke is a problem. The Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier features a special tar barrier pre-filter combined with a deep carbon bed to adsorb the 4000+ harmful chemicals and at least 60 carcinogens found in tobacco smoke. Before releasing the air back into the room, it passes through a Micro-barrier filter to trap any carbon dust and other particles in the air.
With a powerful motor and unimpeded airflow, the Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier quickly and quietly cleans the air in a room up to 1575 sq. ft. achieving 2 air changes per hour. For allergies or respiratory conditions we recommend a room size of 525 sq. ft. achieving 6 air changes per hour.
All Airpura air purifiers have a sealed design, felt gaskets and all metal housing to prevent off-gassing. Their clean modern appearance in a choice of 3 colors will fit any décor.
The Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifiers are ideal for someone who:
- Smokes cigarettes or cigars inside their home.
- Needs to remove second hand smoke from their indoor air.
- Needs to clean the air in a public smoking area such as a restaurant, bar or waiting room.
The Airpura T600 tobacco smoke air purifier is a very effective way to improve any air quality issues involving tobacco smoke including second hand smoke, primarily cigarette and cigar smoke, plus any general chemicals and odors. The secret is its special tar trapping pre-filter and amazing 26 pound 3 inch deep bed of carbon for maximum dwell time and filtration.
- Tar Barrier Pre-filter: replace every 2 months for private home use and once a month if used for public areas.
- Carbon Filter: replace every 2 years for private home use and every 3 months if used for public areas.
- Micro-Barrier Filter: replace every 1 year for private home use and every 3-6 months if used for public areas.
Note: Filter life is based on continuous operation. Filter life will be longer if only used periodically. When used in heavily polluted environments filters will need to be changed more often.
Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier review scores :
Overall score for the Airpura T600 Tobacco Smoke Air Purifier is mainly how well the model removed dust and smoke from a test chamber, plus quietness for room purifiers and airflow resistance for whole-house units.
Dust/pollen/smoke removal: How well models cleared air of fine clay dust and cigarette smoke; performance of portables is at their highest and lowest speeds. Ones that scored well for dust removal should perform comparably for pollen.
Noise: Based on instrument measurements with a portable model running at its highest and lowest speeds.
Airpura Air Purifiers for tobacco smoke, smoking areas, second hand smoke. Airpura T600 Air Purifier removes odors and chemicals from cigar smoke and cigarette smoke.