Best Air Purifier for Smoke
We all know the smoke is extremely toxic and is the cause of lung cancer, particularly dangerous to children as well as pregnant women. All pregnant women should stay away from secondhand smoke and ask smokers not to smoke around them.
The smoke can stay in the air for several hours after someone smokes, settling on surfaces throughout your home. Smoke from almost any source, even wildfires and household fires, is considered harmful to both your health and your home. Smoking inside your house one time is enough to contaminate the rest of the house, even if you are in a room with the doors closed.
Secondhand smoke is dangerous to anyone who breathes it in. There is no safe amount of secondhand smoke. It contains over 7,000 harmful chemicals, at least 250 of which are known to damage your health. It can also stay in the air for several hours after somebody smokes. Even breathing secondhand smoke for a short amount of time can hurt your body.
For removing smoke and odor inside your house, it is essential to use an air purifier with a HEPA filter and a large volume of granulated activated carbon. All of following smoke air purifiers have been rigorously tested, certified and selected by technical experts to help you improve air environment inside your house, and rid you of lingering smoke and odors.
For tobacco smoke removal, you might consider the Airpura T600 air purifier.
For smoke caused by forest fires, smog and diesel fuel, you might consider the top of the line IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier.
Here is the list of Best Air Purifier for Smoke:
The IQAir GC air purifiers is an excellent option for environments polluted by gaseous and chemical contaminants. Each GC air purifiers model features four high capacity gas filter cartridges containing the highest quality activated carbon specifically enhanced to reduce a particular type of gas, smoke,chemical or voltile organic compound (VOC).
- Robust Pre-filter is a high efficiency.
- Advanced controls and remote.
- 3-D Ultra seal design.
- Carbon filter air-tight design.
- Has filter change indicator light.
- Certified performance.
- The quality of Filters are very good.
- Value for the price.
- The GC Series is not designed for quiet.
- Has no dust & odor sensors to regulate the fan speed.
- The carbon filter cartridges and the post filter sleeves are expensive.
- Relatively expensive.
IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier
When it comes to efficiency, then the Rabbit Air minus A2 is the one to go for. This is the latest in the market with features such as filters, pre-filters, medium filters, and customized filters all on one purifier.
Rabbit Air’s MinusA2 air purifiers are designed to adapt to and complement any space. For a flash of color, decorate with one of the Artists Series front panels, or conserve floor space by hanging your unit on the wall. Tailor your air purifier’s filtration power to your needs by choosing a Customized Filter option. Create the perfect air purifier for your home.
With filters lasting up to two years with 12 hour daily operation, and Energy Star rated motor, the MinusA2 keeps costs annual costs low.
- Top-notch True HEPA filter
- Outstanding filtration process
- Has a top-notch performance
- Has a 5-year warranty
- Attractive design
- Can be mounted on wall
- Overall great performance
- Relatively low annual costs, which includes routine filter replacement (if any) and annual operating costs.
- Relatively high price.
- No Timer control
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier - Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star
Whether it’s a bedroom, kitchen, or kid’s room, the Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 air purifier covers a generous 900 SqFt area. Alen’s HEPA-FreshPlus Filter is best for removing airborne allergens, dust, VOC’s, secondhand smoke, and cooking odors.You’ll receive: 1 BreatheSmart FIT50 air purifier, 1 HEPA-FreshPlus Filter, 1 White panel, and Forever Guarantee (Lifetime Warranty).
- Space-saving design, 25% smaller
- Personalized experience with 4 designer choices for front cover panel
- HEPA-Pure standard filter or upgrade to your specific needs
- Set-it-and-forget-it with SmartSensor Technology
- Filter timer alerts you when a filter change is needed
- HEPA filtration for removing 99% of particles greater than 0.3 microns
- Perfect for bedrooms with WhisperMax Technology
- Timer (2, 4 or 12hr)
- Auto-restart feature to keep your air purifier going after power outages
- Simple process for filter changes
- Long lasting filters (12 months)
- Lifetime Warranty
- Energy Star Rated
- Turbo setting is loud. If you have poor air quality and are running this air purifier on auto-mode it will be a bit noisy.
- Standard HEPA-Pure filter does not offer any gas, odor or chemical filtration. We do offer 3 upgraded BreatheSmart filters which offer additional filtration capabilities. (See Filters & Accessory section to purchase.)
- Filter may need to be replaced frequently if running 24/7. Estimated filter life is 6-12 months with high use, 10-12 months for normal use and only 12-18 months for light use.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 Air Purifier for Bedrooms & Living Rooms - HEPA Filter for Allergies & Dust - 900 sqft - Espresso
The Airpura T600 targets both the tar and the chemicals and gases found in tobacco smoke.
The Airpura T600 air purifier utilizes a four-stage filtration process to help capture particles, heavy odors, harmful chemicals and smoke. Air first passes through a pre-filter designed to capture large particles and tar emmited from cigars and cigarettes. After the bigger particles are removed, the air passes through one of two Micro-Supress filters to remove bacteria, antigens and pathogens. The main filter houses twenty-six pounds of impregnated carbon, specifically designed to take care of tobacco smoke, chemicals and noxious gases. The last layer is a true HEPA barrier filter that traps 99.97% of carbon dust and particles, as small as 0.3 microns. Filter should be cleaned once a month, depending on use and environment.
- Easy to operate its controls, carry it, and clean or replace its filter(s).
- Modern design.
- It’s powerful and efficient.
- Lots of high quality carbon. It uses a full 26 pounds of activated carbon which is formulated to absorb 4000+ chemicals and at least 60 carcinogens omitted into the air by tobacco smoke.
- Long time warranty.
- Captures tar particles.
- Large room coverage.
- MCS friendly.
- Relatively quiet.
- The Micro-Barrier particle post filter is not a HEPA filter.
- The filter replacement costs are on the high side with an annual replacement cost of around $280 depending on hours of usage each day. Luckily, the replacement filters do not all have to be replaced at the same time which allows you to spread the replacement costs out over a period of two years.
- Replacing the filters on the T600 is not complicated but it does require a bit of work and heavy lifting.
- Need to have filter life monitoring system.
- Relatively high price.
Airpura T600 Tobacco HEPA Air Purifier
Another top performer purifier is the Levoit purifier. It has no competitor when it comes to performance because of its high quality. Its special features include a True HEPA filter, a Pre-filter, and an Activated carbon filter.
Levoit is a trustworthy American brand for air purifiers in many years. They even focus on developing a community with fitness lifestyle more than just selling their products. Look at how Levoit build a strong and inspiring community, it is clear why their air purifiers are so popular these days. Levoit’s prior air purifier – the Levoit LV-H132 is clearly their ace to be the best air purifier under $150.
- Has a true HEPA filter
- Very quiet
- Small and portable
- Fantastic performance
- Well built for the price
- Small and minimal design
- Slightly quiet
- Has a 1-year warranty
- Do not have light notification for filter replacement
- Do not have automatic shut-off
With the changing of weather patterns due to effects of Global warming, smoke interference as well as other factors here and there, the air around us is being contaminated day in day out. Human activities such as mining, cigarette smoking, charcoal burning, and industrialization are really making the air contaminated. Fumes from motor vehicles are also contaminating the air. To some extent, it is becoming difficult for some people to survive in these conditions because of the rise in pollution. As such, people are getting diseases which are related to breathing such as liver cirrhosis, cancer among other chronic diseases. Here is where air purification comes in. With the introduction of air purifiers, life has become easier especially with people who are allergic to contaminated air. What air purifies do is that they make the air more conducive and filtered so that it can be fit for human intake.
- Dust Mite
- Removing Dust
- Traffic pollution
- Hay fever
- Pet Dander
- Cigarette smoke
- General Air Quality