Blueair 203 air purifier review :
Features of Blueair 203 Air Purifier
Blueair 203 air purifier Deals
Blueair 203 air purifier review
The Blueair 203 Air Purification System is the perfect choice for someone on a limited budget who wants an efficient, well-made air cleaner for a small room. Although Blueair has diverted to a different design with the 200 series, the efficiency at which it performs is not affected. It continues the reputation Blueair has for making very quiet air purifiers, and this one happens to be their quietest. It is even notably quiet on the high speed. Like the other models, the filters need to be replaced every 6 months and they are expensive at $100 to $200 annual cost depending on whether or not one chooses the HEPASilent particle filter or the Gas & Odor SmokeStop filter. We wish Blueair would have designed their units with a separate pre-filter to extend the life of the main filter and lead to less overall maintenance costs in the long run. However, the addition of a pre-filter could affect the airflow reducing its room coverage, resulting in the need for a larger fan which would increase noise level. Therefore, Blueair decided to stay with their current design of 3 filters-in-one which remove the large particles in the front, medium size towards the middle and ultra-fine towards the back. Overall, a great quiet air purifier for a small room.
Blueair 203 air purifier review scores :
Overall score for the Blueair 203 Air Purifier is mainly how well the model removed dust and smoke from a test chamber, plus quietness for room purifiers and airflow resistance for whole-house units.
Dust/pollen/smoke removal: How well models cleared air of fine clay dust and cigarette smoke; performance of portables is at their highest and lowest speeds. Ones that scored well for dust removal should perform comparably for pollen.
Noise: Based on instrument measurements with a portable model running at its highest and lowest speeds.
Blueair 203 air purifier is one of the quietest air purifiers. The Blueair 203 air purifier offers efficient filtration with attractive style. Perfect for a small bedroom or small office. Available with HEPASilent particle filter.
- Combines electrostatic and mechanical filtration technology to effectively capture a wide range of large and small airborne particles providing relief from allergy and asthma symptoms.
- Optional Gas & Odor SmokeStop filter has 2 lbs. of impregnated activated carbon to provide sufficient removal of gases, odors, and VOCs.
- Easy to operate its controls, carry it, and clean or replace its filter(s).
- Less filter restriction allows for higher air flow while maintaining a reduced noise level for continuous day or night use.
- Easy to operate and changing the filter only takes a couple of seconds with no need for tools.
- Durable steel construction the grills and powder-coated steel exterior are easy to wipe clean, will not pick up grime or oily stains the way plastics can, and will not off-gas.
- Safe use of electrostatic technology without producing ozone.
- Includes a magnetic timer that reminds you to change the filters every 6 months.
- It has silent mode.
- Good Manufacturer's Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy.
- It is not quite as quiet as the 400 series Blueair.
- The replacement filters are relatively expensive.
- Safety concerns about the design for children.
- Not very effective at removing dust, smoke, and pollen,Gas, Chemical & Odor.