Blueair 650E air purifier :
This portable air purifier from Blueair is primarily filter-based and has a filter indicator, programmable timer, remote control, and 3 speeds. It’s designed for floor or tabletop use in a large room. and weighs 35 pounds.
- Designed for large living rooms, basements, and open workspaces up to 698 square feet in size
- Patented HEPASilent technology captures 99.97% of harmful particles down to 0.1 microns in size
- World’s highest Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 450 cubic feet per minute, 5 air changes per hour
- SurroundAirTM technology takes in air through an area six times larger than the average air purifier
- E-Series features AUTO setting, automatically adjusting speed according to indoor air quality
The Blueair 650E Air Purifier is fully electronic and AHAM certified for rooms up to 698 sq. ft. and captures 99.97% of the tiniest 0.1 micron particles on level one. Includes allergy-provoking pollen grains, dust mites, mold spores and pet dander particles using patented HEPASilent technology. Our Swedish design is not only attractive but built to last.
We are known for our durable construction that is made of galvanized steel and is powder coated for durability and environmental protection. As air is drawn into the unit via an ultra-quiet fan, airborne particles pass through an ion chamber and are charged to ensure that they adhere effortlessly to Blueair’ s progressive three-stage filter, cleaning the air in your room 5 times per hour.
Equipped with electronic particle and gas sensors, the Blueair 650E air purifier will automatically adjust levels depending on the amount of particles in the air, or set it at one of its 4 speeds (includes remote control). The Blueair 650E air purifier continues to deliver outstanding performance that has withstood the test of time while exceeding energy efficiency standards set by ENERGY STAR. Dimensions: 26″L x 20″W x 13″H; 35 lbs.
Blueair is an international company based in Sweden and founded in 1996 as an air purification company. Its products are available nationally from Lowe’s and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- This model scored very good overall, which primarily considers how well models removed dust and smoke from a test chamber.
- Better than most at removing dust, smoke, and pollen at its lowest speed, which matters if you’ll run the unit in your bedroom at night.
- Especially effective at removing dust, smoke, and pollen at its highest speed, important for quickly cleaning the air in the room.
- Runs very quietly on its lowest speed.
- Has a filter indicator, which lets you know when it’s time to change/clean the main filter.
- Includes an ionizer but produces no significant ozone.
- Energy Star qualified, meaning it’s relatively energy-efficient compared with non-qualified models.
- Has a programmable timer.
- Relatively high annual costs, which includes routine filter replacement (if any) and annual operating costs.
- Relatively high filter costs.
- Relatively high operating costs.
Blueair 650E air purifier review
Among the quietest portable air purifiers we tested at its lowest speed, this Blueair 650E air purifier was especially effective at removing dust and smoke–but only at its fairly noisy, highest speed. It was also among the most expensive to buy and run, accounting for energy and filter costs. While there’s an ionizer for electrically charging particulates, the unit produces no ozone. A filter indicator reminds you when to change filters. And because it’s EnergyStar-qualified, it’s energy-efficient compared with non-qualified models.
Overall score for the Blueair 650E air purifier is mainly how well the model removed dust and smoke from a test chamber, plus quietness for room purifiers and airflow resistance for whole-house units.
Dust/pollen/smoke removal: How well models cleared air of fine clay dust and cigarette smoke; performance of portables is at their highest and lowest speeds. Ones that scored well for dust removal should perform comparably for pollen.
Noise: Based on instrument measurements with a portable model running at its highest and lowest speeds.
Blueair 650E air purifier review scores :
Impressive at removing dust, smoke, and pollen from a room's air when run at its highest speed, but less effective at low speed. This model runs very quietly on its lowest speed but was somewhat noisy (though average) on its highest speed. Somewhat easy to operate its controls, carry it, and clean or replace its filter(s).