Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier review :
This portable room air purifier from Oreck is primarily filter-based and and 3 speeds. It’s designed for small room (up to 80 sq. ft.) and weighs 15 lbs.
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty.
- Dimensions: 10.5″D x 4.5″W x 18″H.
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- CADR :50.
- Filtration: Truman Cell
- Cleaning Function: Air Purification.
- Recommended Room Size: Recommended for an 8′ x 10′ room.
- Speed Settings: Three Speeds.
- Tools / Accessories: Remote Control.
- Type of Odor Filter: Charcoal.
- Type: Air Purifier.Truman Cell
- Surface Area: Air
Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier review
- Quiet and easy to use.
- Filtration system easy to clean.
- Modern design.
- Energy Star qualified, meaning it’s relatively energy-efficient compared with non-qualified models.
- Three speed settings, including low, for quiet operation.
- It’s powerful and efficient.
- Remote control turns the purifier on, adjusts speed levels and turns night light on or off.
- Long time warranty.
- Truman Cell® never needs replacing.
- Good for Smoke.
- Has a very quiet mode, and has a good “white noise” mode.
- Doesn’t include HEPA (needed for dust and pollen).
- Carbon filters are very expensive.
- Can be loud when zapping particles.
- Not good for Dust, Pollen.
Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier review
The EPA says indoor air may be 5 times more polluted than the air outside, and most of us spend approximately 90% of our time indoors. If you have weather-tight doors and windows, pets, or smoke, you could be adding to the problem. That’s why you need the new, whisper-quiet ProShield Plus Air Purifier – the easy, portable, proactive way to help clean the air in your home.
It circulates the air, filters out allergens, dirt, and other airborne irritants, captures and kills viruses and germs, and breaks down odors and volatile organic compounds such as chemical fumes and aerosol vapors – with the new Helios ShieldTM permanent odor absorber. Great for Asthma and Allergy Sufferers.
Every time you close your front door, you’re sealing yourself in with airborne bacteria, dust, germs, and allergens. Some you can smell. Most you can’t. The new Oreck ProShield Plus helps reduce those nasty particulates in homes, and actually improves air quality. At the same time, it also helps eliminate odors. That’s becuase the Oreck ProShield Plus constantly moves the air, drawing in and trapping those particulates.
Its unique new Helios ShieldTM UV odor control technology and exclusive Truman CellTM captures pet dander, dust, and other harmful allergens that can drive asthma and allergy sufferers crazy. Whisper-quiet, easy to use, and environmentally friendly.
The ProShield Plus features easy-to-use controls and offers three different speed settings – high for maximum cleaning, medium for normal use, and silence for quietest operation. A handy remote control allows you to turn the power on or off, and adjust the odor control feature, motor speed, and night light – all from across the room. The Truman CellTM permanent filter never needs to be replaced – which saves you money and reduces waste.
Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier review scores :
Overall score for the Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier is mainly how well the model removed dust and smoke from a test chamber, plus quietness for room purifiers and airflow resistance for whole-house units.
Dust/pollen/smoke removal: How well models cleared air of fine clay dust and cigarette smoke; performance of portables is at their highest and lowest speeds. Ones that scored well for dust removal should perform comparably for pollen.
Noise: Based on instrument measurements with a portable model running at its highest and lowest speeds.
The EPA says indoor air may be up to 5 times more polluted than the air outside. The ProShield® Plus Air Purifier is an easy, portable, proactive way to help capture allergens from the air that passes through the filter — plus, break down odors and volatile organic compounds from the air that passes through the filter.