Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K air purifier :
- Filters air 4.8 times per hour in a 500 square feet room
- Quiet and easy to use electronic controls
- True HEPA 0.3 micron filtration
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CEDR) 315
- 4 Fan speeds, plus sleep and turbo modes
The Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K air purifier features a three-stage filtration system comprised of a pre-filter, carbon filter, and true HEPA air filter. The air purifier’s outside grill acts as a permanent pre-filter by capturing large particles and preventing them from entering the unit. Large particles that find their way inside the unit are promptly caught by the carbon filter, which also works to eliminate unwanted odors and protect the life of the HEPA air filter. At the heart of the Whirlpool Whispure 510 is true HEPA filtration. HEPA filters provide maximum filtration of your room’s air by removing up to 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns and larger. These particles include pet dander, dust mites, pollen, ragweed, mold spores, and other microscopic irritants that can damage your indoor air quality and aggravate allergy and asthma symptoms.
This portable Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K air purifier is primarily filter-based and has a filter indicator, a programmable timer, and 4 speeds. It’s designed for floor or tabletop use in a large room.
Whirlpool has licensed its name to Master Brands HK for air purifiers. The products are sold at Walmart, Lowe’s, and Amazon.com.
- This model scored very good overall, which primarily considers how well models removed dust and smoke from a test chamber.
- Effective at removing dust, smoke, and pollen at its lowest speed, which matters if you’ll run the unit in your bedroom at night.
- Especially effective at removing dust, smoke, and pollen at its highest speed, important for quickly cleaning the air in the room.
- Runs quietly on its lowest speed.
- Not especially quiet, but among the quietest air purifiers when on its highest speed.
- Easy to operate its controls, carry it, and clean or replace its filter(s).
- Has a filter indicator, which lets you know when it’s time to change/clean the main filter.
- Energy Star qualified, meaning it’s relatively energy-efficient compared with non-qualified models.
- Has a carrying handle.
- Has a programmable timer.
- Relatively high annual costs, which includes routine filter replacement (if any) and annual operating costs
- Relatively high filter costs.
- Relatively high operating costs.
Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K air purifier review
This Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K air purifier was the quietest portable model we tested, especially when run at its highest speed, where it aced our smoke- and dust-removal tests. Annual operating costs for this large-room model are on the high side, but allergy sufferers might appreciate its performance nonetheless. It has filter indicators to remind you when to change both the HEPA air filter and the charcoal pre-filter.Good one of best best air purifier for smokers.
Impressive at removing dust, smoke, and pollen from a room’s air. This model runs quietly on its lowest speed and is relatively quiet when on its highest speed. Easy to operate its controls, carry it, and clean or replace its filter(s).
Overall score for the Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K air purifier is mainly how well the model removed dust and smoke from a test chamber, plus quietness for room purifiers and airflow resistance for whole-house units.
Dust/pollen/smoke removal: How well models cleared air of fine clay dust and cigarette smoke; performance of portables is at their highest and lowest speeds. Ones that scored well for dust removal should perform comparably for pollen.
Noise: Based on instrument measurements with a portable model running at its highest and lowest speeds.
Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K air purifier review scores :
This portable air purifier from Whirlpool is primarily filter-based and has a filter indicator, a programmable timer, and 4 speeds. It's designed for floor or tabletop use in a large room.